Wednesday 19 October 2011

Chicken Masak Lemak Cili Padi with Potato

I was home early today and decided to cook something for dinner. Whats left in the fridge was those previous week of marketing stuff. Now I really have to make do whatever that I can dig out from the fridge. There was chicken, cili padi, potato and dried turmeric leaf. Ok I know what to cook now. Its Chicken Masak Lemak Cili Padi with Potato! I remembere tasted it at Rebung Restaurant, Bangsar sometimes ago, but don't get me wrong this is my version of the dish.



The ingredients:

1/2 bird of chicken
3 potato
30 cili padi (options) less number of cili padi if you want it less hot.
5 cm fresh turmeric.
3cm fresh ginger
3 Onion
6 peep garlic
3 asam keping
2 lemongrass
1/2 kg coconut milk
1 turmeric leaf
1/2 cup cooking oil
Salt

Method:

Cleaned and cut the chicken into 5 - 7 pieces, Blend, onion, clil padi, ginger, garlic and turmeric all together. Heat the pot and pour oil. Add the blended items for 5 - 7 minutes, add potato, chicken, asam keping and water. Simmer till chicken and potato are well cooked. Add turmeric leaf, coconut milk and continue to simmer till the gravy turned thick. Add salt and its ready to served.

0 comments:

Post a Comment