Saturday 17 September 2011

Singapore Bahmia Rice



The all time favourite rice among my family members.  Well I consider my best friend Dzulkarnain Taib (DT) is part of my family too. He knows very well that I will prepare Bahmia rice during Raya. All he needs is to come over to the house with an empty stomach!
Here’s the Singapore Bahmia Rice recipe for my viewers.

Ingredients:
1 Kg Basmathy Rice – cleaned and soaked for at least ½ hour
½ cup corn oil
½ cup Planta Margerine (never substitute with other brand)
8 green chilis
250grm dried shrimp
¼ cup evaporated milk
Salt to taste

Blended items:
2 bombay onion
3cm ginger
6 peeps garlic


Method:

Cut green chilis, dried blend the shrimp. Heat the wok with corn oil and margarine. Add the blended items followed by the chilis and shrimp till it is done. (approx 5- 8 minutes)

Put rice in the rice cooker, pour those ingredients on top of the rice, add milk, salt and water. Stir the rice and let it to cook.

Bahmia rice is best served with chicken / mutton kurma, cucumber pickles and dhalca curry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment